for Avid Environments
With DNAfabric, StorageDNA offers a highly cost-effective and well-integrated archive option for Avid Interplay. Previously, the archive component was cost-prohibitive, but DNAfabric now enables a greater number of our Avid customers to deploy Avid Interplay. The affordable support, tight integration and performance make this the obvious choice for any Interplay deployment.
– Mike Halbrook,President,TM Television
Archive and Restore via Avid Interplay Access and Media Composer
- DNAfabric can monitor any folder within Avid Interplay via Web Services. An admin can turn any folder in Interplay into a “watch folder” for archive or restores.
- To archive: New or updated elements, such as master clips, sub clips, and sequences, are automatically identiﬁed and archived to LTO. DNAfabric’s intelligent delta incremental algorithm enables identiﬁcation and archiving of only new media ﬁles. This means that even though multiple clips can access the same media, the underlying media ﬁles will be archived only once. When archiving to LTO is completed, DNAfabric can optionally update user metadata ﬁelds within Interplay, such as LTO tape serial and location.
- Archive and restores can be monitored via a Web-based interface that provides up-to-date progress information.
- To restore: DNAfabric enables a simple restore process for Interplay. An end user or admin can use Interplay Access or Media Composer to restore elements. Similar to archiving, DNAfabric can monitor any Interplay folder for restores via the Avid Web Services API. It detects the elements that need to be restored, performs a search of the mobIDs in the DNAfabric
- Avid Interplay + Avid Interplay Web Services + Avid Unity™ ISIS ® /NEXIS