Linear Tape-Open (LTO) with Linear Tape File System (LTFS) archiving technology is the most cost-effective and reliable long-term storage option for the immense amounts of file-based content generated by professional media pipelines. This archive medium plays a critical role in managing explosive data growth.
DNAfabric combines nearline and archive storage directly on LTO tape to offer a dramatically more cost-effective infrastructure, with speeds dramatically faster than network-based solutions.
DNAfabric, designed to leverage the advantages of LTFS, maximizes its “direct access” ability while providing digital workflows never before available. Engineered for media environments, it delivers the fastest data movement, search, restore, and access of your digital file-based content.
With DNAfabric, you can streamline your media pipeline and build a more cost-effective, scalable, searchable, and secure archive.
DNAfabric’s innovative technology is purpose-built for professional media environments, delivering unmatched performance and workﬂows to help accelerate media pipelines.
Integrated Archive Asset Manager with Smart Search
- Web-based Archive Asset Manager, with support formore than 180 ﬁle and format types
- Powerful global Smart Search
- Embedded HTML-5 player for low-res preview viewing
- Time-based logging and tags
- Unique LTO conform engine simpliﬁes lo-res/hi-res workﬂows
- Only solution capable of conforming high-resolution media directly from LTO tape
- Format support for any conform workﬂow
- Reduces time-consuming manual conform processes
Direct-connect transfers use high-speed interconnects like Fibre Channel and SAS, avoiding slower network data movement
Provides highest available performance across both small and large ﬁle sizes
“Because of its advanced technologies, DNAfabric is a nearline repository. Users can browse proxies, directly access files from LTO tape for operations like partial restores, have built-in media asset management functionality, and get fast access to and from the archive. Ultimately, we will continue to have great success with DNAfabric for customers who need secure, accessible, and usable archives.”
– Joe Kelly, General Manager, DAMsmart