DNAfabric and CatDV
“As an integrator who’s made it my focus to help mid-sized producers deliver at enterprise levels, I appreciate solutions that can handle the pace of modern post production.
DNAfabric combines the speed of a direct-attached LTO system, web-based administration and the compatibility of LTFS to provide a fast, reliable archive and retrieval solution for CatDV integrations.”
– Bryson Jones,Founder, CIO,
North Shore Automation
Archive and Restore via Avid Interplay Access and Media Composer
- Users can “send-to-sdna” from the CatDV interface that initiates an automated archive to tape. DNAfabric can also be conﬁgured to delete or move media to another location for veriﬁcation before deletion.
- DNAfabric updates the CatDV interface with the archive name, LTO tape serial, and checksum of the file.
- Simply visit a web url and you can monitor details of the progress of the archive.
- Additionally, DNAfabric allows you to restore from the CatDV interface to the original location or alternate locations.
ARCHIVE FOR CATDV
- An alternative to having your archive requests come from CatDV’s interface is to set up a CatDV folder-based workﬂow within DNAfabric. Simply provide DNAfabric with the folders you’d like to archive and DNAfabric will only archive those elements that already exist in CatDV via a folder scan. Existing assets are updated after they are archived, allowing you to see their location on LTO tape from within CatDV.
INGEST FOR CATDV
- Optionally, DNAfabric can create a list of assets “NOT” in the CatDV database during the folder scan. This list is compiled into a CatDV batch XML ﬁle that allows you to seamlessly import these elements into CatDV via a batch XML import.