StorageDNA is proud to announce a cloud data sharing workflow designed specifically for organizations with a remote creative workforce. DNAfabric allows creative users to share work-in-progress media and metadata (projects, bins, sequences) across geospread distances for editorial, graphics, grading and more.
Sync for Media
DaVinci and more
Cloud shared workspaces is a synchronization platform designed to sync Avid, Adobe, DaVinci media and projects across multiple sites and cloud. It enables seamless collaboration for geographically spread creative groups without manual file transfers for ingest, editorial, graphics, grading, color and export.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR CREATIVES
- Share hi-res/lo-res media
- Distributed project/bin locking
- Versioning for previous copies
- Use across central, remote, and cloud
- Accelerated transfers with auto-restarts
- Automated and incremental
- Application agnostic
- End user deployable
HOW IT WORKS
DNAfabric bridges cloud-based studio deployments with existing on-premise installations
allowing users to maximize the cloud for scaling post infrastructure up or down as needed.
Sync with Avid MC and Adobe Premiere in the Cloud
How it works
Syncs Avid and Adobe media workspaces, projects across multiple locations and cloud with project locking and versioning.
How it helps
As workflows migrate to hybrid pipelines (on-premise, remote, cloud), DNAfabric keeps teams synchronized so they can collaborate more effectively without manual transfers.
Backup & Protect Avid & Adobe Data in Cloud
How it works
Protect work-in-progress Avid assets with sync and snapshot to cost-effective object storage (e.g. AWS S3, Azure Blob)
How it helps
Cloud file-systems hosting work-in-progress data are equally vulnerable to failure. DNAfabric replicates and snapshots these file-systems to object stores for protection.
Tier and Archive Avid & Adobe Data in Cloud
How it works
Tier to and from more expensive file-system in the cloud storage (e.g. Nexis in the cloud) to more cost-effective object storage (e.g. AWS S3, Azure Blob)
How it helps
Cloud file-systems can be expensive for long-term storage of Avid and Adobe assets. DNAfabric can tier and retrieve from a multitude of colder object tiers.
DNAfabric enables scalable and automated data movement for any cloud based workflow.
On-Premise to/from Cloud
DNAfabric can run automated, scalable transfers from one or more on-premise to a multitude of cloud vendors. (*see FAQ)
Cloud to Cloud
DNAfabric can automate large scale transfers between cloud providers for collaboration and sharing workflows (*see FAQ)
Region to Region
DNAfabric allows for data sets across multiple regions within the same provider to be replicated enabling multiple teams to stay synchronized.
DNAfabric can lower cloud storage costs via a combination of tiering to colder tiers, selecting
retrievals/conforms, analytics and duplication analysis for data in cloud.
DNAfabric can intelligently tier to and from colder cloud tiers dramatically reducing costs.
DNAfabric allows selective retrieval of content using ALE, EDL from cloud storage to on-premise or for in-cloud re-purposing.
Ability index, visualize and analyze cloud storage pools across cloud file-systems, object stores enables a deep understanding of cloud data.
DNAfabric can utilize built-in cloud hashes for duplication analysis within the same bucket and across buckets as well.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR ADMINISTRATORS
- Central administrator web console
- Built-in WAN acceleration
- View, edit, log all job and user actions
- Simplified networking with minimal port configuration
- Bring your own cloud cache provider
- Minimize security holes with no in-bound ports configuration needed
- Scales to hundreds of users via cloud cached model
How can DNAfabric enable data management for Avid cloud based editorial and post?
DNAfabric data managers can run in a cloud provider of choice (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google) and enable key data management capabilities for Avid cloud deployments:
- Sync multiple Avid editors in the cloud with central office and remote Avid editors.
- Sync multiple Avid shared storage e.g. Avid Nexis systems across cloud, central office and remote.
- Backup and replicate Avid active/work-in-progress project/media assets to object storage e.g. AWS S3, Azure Blob.
- Tier completed Avid projects and media to more cost-effective cloud tiers e.g. AWS S3, Azure Blob.
How can DNAfabric enable data management for Adobe cloud based editorial and post?
DNAfabric data managers can run in a cloud provider of choice (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google) and enable key data management capabilities for Adobe cloud deployments:
- Sync multiple Adobe editors in the cloud with central office and remote Adobe editors.
- Sync multiple Adobe shared storage systems across cloud, central office and remote.
- Backup and replicate Adobe active/work-in-progress project/media assets to object storage e.g. AWS S3, Azure Blob.
- Tier completed Adobe projects and media to more cost-effective cloud tiers e.g. AWS S3, Azure Blob.
How can DNAfabric protect against user, operational and infrastructure failures in the cloud?
Cloud storage and infrastructure is susceptible to failure and data loss much like on-premise infrastructure. A DNAfabric data manager deployed in a cloud provider of your choice can backup, sync and snapshot cloud file-systems to more cost-effective cloud object stores providing a safety net against a host of data loss scenarios.
How does DNAfabric enable lower cost of storing data in the cloud?
- Cloud file-systems (e.g. Avid Nexis, Qumulo, Netapp etc.) are considerably more expensive to run than their on-premise versions. DNAfabric helps curb cloud costs by offering a quick way to tier data from cloud file-systems to more cost-effective secondary object storage e.g. AWS S3, Azure Blob.
- Additionally, DNAfabric provides a number of optimizations for retrieving data back to primary file-systems. This includes ALE retrieves, fast restores and automatic re-hydration from deep cold stores (e.g. AWS Glacier/Glacier Deep, Azure Blob Archive).
How does DNAfabric accelerate data transfers to and from cloud?
Data acceleration is achieved through multi-threading, multi-part upload (*when supported by the cloud provider) and multi-processing.
Which cloud providers does DNAfabric support?
DNAfabric supports the key hyperscalar providers including AWS, Azure and Google.