WHAT IS DNAfabric?
DNAfabric is a data management services platform. Unlike traditional data management solutions that are monolithic, complex to deploy and provide a limited set of workflows, DNAfabric is designed to provide data services across numerous workflows (Analytics, Backup, Archive, Collaboration) and a multitude of storage end points (Hard drives, NAS, SAN, Object, Cloud, WAN and Tape), all delivered in a simple to deploy architecture.
WHAT IS DNAfabric?
DNAfabric is a wide area, data management services platform. As multi-site, cloud and hybrid data pipelines become more commonplace, DNAfabric provides a platform that can connect to a host of storage silos and help organizations visualize and mobilize data across them
+ Cloud +
Scalable Data Services
DNAfabric’s Data Visibility services is a new way to visualize your data. While current attempts at data insight include simplistic IT charts, DNAfabric uses Big Data visualization tools paired with highly customizable charts that can provide deep insights to C-level management and department heads.
DNAfabric’s Data Mobility services is a data movement toolset that is configurable across a number of workflows and storage tiers. Rather than limit data mobility to backup and archive, DNAfabric’s toolset can be flexibly used for a number of workflows and tasks.
How it Works
DNAfabric agents can be deployed across on-premise, remote, field and cloud systems
These agents connect to co-located storage including:
- File-systems: NAS, SAN, HDDs, Camera Cards
- Private cloud: S3 compatible object
- Public cloud: AWS S3, Azure Blob, Google Cloud, Wasabi, Backblaze
- Consumer cloud: Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Frame.IO etc.
DNAfabric consists of a centralized metadata processing and storage metric analytics cluster
The centralized cluster processes the following:
- Job Management: Job information, job progress and job status are maintained here
- Metadata Management: Metadata extracted from files and objects are communicated and stored in noSQL databases
- Storage Analytics: This central cluster also hosts storage metrics processing (MongoDB) while visualization is rendered in Tableau
DNAfabric presets a centralized management and search interface with analytics presented in Tableau
- Centralized Management: Single point of management via a web interface
- Global Search: Search engine provides an easy way to browse and locate assets across any storage pool
- Tableau Analytics: Storage analytics and metrics are rendered in Tableau dashboards hosted with StorageDNA or optionally with the customer
DNAfabric agents enable data management services including visibility and mobility services across on-premise, remote, field and cloud data
Data Visibility: Ability to index, search, analyze and visualize across any on-prem, remote,
or cloud data and storage
Data Mobility: Ability to sync, move and copy across local (Disc/LTO/LTFS) remote
or cloud storage pools
DNAfabric: KEY HIGHLIGHTS
Multiple Data Services
Provides a host of services (copy, sync, backup, archive, collaboration) to help manage growing data
Multiple Storage Targets
Integrates across disk, tape, WAN, cloud enabling storage adoption flexibility
NO Rip & Replace
Seamless deployment enhances data management initiatives without disrupting existing workflows
Provides IT and Media smart data management tools and workflows
Deploys on remote sites as well as large central facilities with ease
Subscription or CapEx
Ability to chose a subscription or CapEX model simplifies adoption